Friday, April 17, 2009

An Indian Wedding

I went to an Indian Wedding today, here are a few thoughts that went through my mind.

- The place was called "Baradari". Some old mansion like 'nawabi' place. Even on the way, I saw so many such places. Reminds me how unfathomably rich Lucknow culture is. And how I will miss this place ... and that I am leaving it in a few months...
- Unknown relatives - and so many of them - so warmly welcome me - I don't know whether they know me - when I found some time alone I realized I should have smiled when they greeted me, perhaps.
- WOMEN - A lot of them, of all kinds. 
- A certain female. She was in a orange and gold - not my favorite colors, but she looked good. Beautiful, infact. She must be in her early 20's or something. Is she married? A strange thought just wanted the answer to that question to be HELL NO!
- Mehndi. Hmmm .. I like mehndi clad hands.
- Make-up. A lot of it. In insane excess. It was all around. There was no escaping those shades of pink. 
- A german couple. Both wearing Indian dresses. The girl was a class-mate of the bride. They were polite. They were interesting.
- **Food**. A lot of it. Chholey, nan, paneer, chowmein, vegitarian Kababs, chawal, icecream, gulab jamun, Rasmalai, mango-shakes ... in random order - I liked it. I almost always like food.
- The bridegroom smiling away. Boring.
- The bride arrives. Her eyes half closed. That large circular thing dangling from her nose. She is in red and gold. Somehow all women look good on their wedding day. Good to see she was actually smiling. 
P.S. - Females are a wierd, extremely attractive kind.  
- "Jaimal" - The bridegroom's friend pushing him, lifting him making it difficult for the bride to put the flowery thing around him. It finally happened . **Wierd unmentionable imaginations enter my mind.**
- The music, to my surprise was quite brilliant. The gazals, and the singers were amazing. **Ranjish hi sahi ..... ** 

5 comments:

Photogenic Devil said...

nice...

ands make up is all arond when u go a wedding
just shows
to me most , women look real bad on their wedding day - they look much better normally

kiski shaadi thi ?

Siddhant said...

arre thats ok ... the make up and all makes the bride look not so good ... but the expressions ..... or lack of it ... they are kind of unique....

Mere papa ki bua ke bete ki beti ki shaadi thi ...
naheen sachchi maine poochha tha ... XD

Photogenic Devil said...

lol

maltab tumhare chacha ki shaadi thi idiot .........

sidspacewalker said...

chacha? .... @_@ .... kaise ...
pehle to hum ladkiwaale the XD...
aur .. mere hisaab se meri behen huin...

Photogenic Devil said...

OH YEAH I DIDNT READ BETE KE BAAD WALI BETI