Sunday, October 12, 2008

An Unusual Valentine's Day

O look how it rains,

This day of love brings pain,

My husband died yesterday,

He left me with no gains.


Shrewd he was I knew,

That lecherous miserly jew ,

Depriving me of all his money,

To undress the angels, he flew.


He was a rich man's son,

I was a pretty nun,

We met a decade ago,

That is when all this had begun.


He said he was about to die,

And my touch gave him a high,

He promised me all his penny,

And so I married this guy.


But all this was a lie,

For years, Death , he could defy,

At last , I decided to kill him,

And triumphed on my third try.


In his coffin he lay still,

As the lawyer read his will,

All he had left for me,

Was the unpaid laundry bill.


All the dollars he made,

All the money his gold mines weighed,

All his land and his wealth,

Everything went to the house-maid.


How I wish he was alive,

I'd drive his head into a bee-hive!

Penniless , he has left me,

And my children 4.5 .


In his grave he smiles away,

Mocking me, as if to say,

" Oh , my lovely wife,

Happy Valentine's day!"

No comments: