Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Violence

I saw him as a human being just long enough to feel the hatred and embrace it. Then it was just a haze of blood, skin and muscle. My arm cut through the breeze but before I could make a fist, the glass touched my skull. I heard it shatter before I saw it burst. Fear, confusion, pain and blood boiled in swallowed spit and the conjured spirit rose through my throat to my eye, and a tear trickled down my face. I smiled as I stumbled into a very realistic illusion of being free from the fake reality of agony and hate.  I glanced towards what was in front of me and then flew my left arm into it with not the intention to hit but to pierce. My eyes didn't see him, my ears didn't hear him, but my knuckles felt his bones.

2 comments:

Photogenic Devil said...

I glanced towards what was in front of me and then flew my left arm into it with not the intention to hit but to pierce.

This is very beautiful. Was going through all my old blogs today (because I am so BORED) and came across your thread . Was surprised to see you had updated.

sidspacewalker said...

Thanks. I guess my blog is always surprising, just because I write so little.