Friday, May 20, 2011

825

Today I emptied my room ... 825 - My RA locked the door, and i gave her the key... never to return to that place ever again. I couldn't believe it for a while. Just not being able to go back to my tiny room, was a little hard to make myself believe.
Two years ago, I walked into McCollum Hall, this giant dorm at KU with 3 wings ( what dorm has 3 wings ... ). I was in a totally new country, among people that talked different talked different and behaved different. I walked into my room, 825 written in big bold letters. It was a small room, with the bare necessities for a dorm room. I was 12000 miles away from home, but this room it felt ... nice.
Past 2 years, have been so great. I have had happy and sad moments. I made wonderful friend, most of them who i will keep for a lifetime. I have so many moments with them .. in the 8th Floor lobby .. like when I jumped in a pile of newspaper ... or when we discussed the past tense of jizz being jazz .. or when I laughed so much i cried .. or when we discussed about life and tits and poop and life again ...
No matter what kind of a day I had - sad, awesome or tiresome ... I could return back to 825 .. to the comfort of my bed ... and .. just ... feel better. It was my home. Its where I always wanted to go back to(here in the US). I spent very precious two years of my life there. My room, Luke's room, Zac's room ... the 8th floor lobby ... lot of memories.
I kissed the door when i left. I legitimately loved that room. I feel empty inside. I hate change.

No comments: