Saturday, April 16, 2011

I want to sing to you (sappy alert!)



You are your delightful smile,
And how you run and kiss me as I leave,
All this time, all this while,
You're too perfect, too wonderful to believe.

And your love for me I can see
Bubbling in your big, deep, blue eyes,
When I hold you tight, as tight can be,
this is no dream, these are no lies!

As you lay next to me last night,
The moonlight shone across your tranquil face,
I can't get over that dreamy sight,
of you and your simple mystifying grace.

.
.
.

So, I want to sing to you,
about what I feel for you now,
You fill my heart with a love so true,
You've all of me, and I don't know how.

And I want to sing to you,
about how much I need you by my side,
I wanna hold you close and kiss you too,
and keep you forever and never let you slide.






1 comment:

ashdarnell said...

Oh, Siddy Widdy...

Right now, you're getting ready to head home, and I'm so happy for you. I miss you so, so, so much and I can't wait for you to return to Lawrence, to me. It's becoming so difficult to stay away from you for extended periods of time.

Reading this poem always makes me feel so loved and appreciated. It's nice knowing I have someone who loves me and cherishes everything I do. Thank you for that. After reading this, I know why it is I always miss you so much when you leave... you're amazing.

Anyway, have a wonderful time at home. Enjoy spending time with your family and have a blast with all your friends. I'll be anxiously awaiting your arrival back in Kansas, but make sure your stay in India is all it can be, and more. When you return, I'm doing everything I can to make sure you stay put. You're not going anywhere. :)

I love you,
Ashley